About Me

My photo
I am kinda person who likes to challenge things .. and gets better everyday .. well.. I like to meet new ppl and new culture as well.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

GWT, doing AJAX easier and faster

I heard about this new technology few months ago.
But, just get the chance to try it with simple coding.

First impression: its just fun using this framework.
Doing the presentation layer with AJAX built-in seems like playing toys.

I remember my old times when I was started doing Java programming with AWT API.
Create a button, assign event listener to it, handle the event, then display the Text "Hello World" !

Using GWT is like migrating the GUI-based, standalone application to a Web based, distributed application!

However, GWT is much more than that. It enables us to interact with the Server-backend for complex business rules processing, and then displays the information in a nicely interactive manner which really enhances the User experience.

It is also Web Server friendly, since most of the load which was occur in the Server is now transferred to Client's PC (AJAX concept). This means reducing network traffic, thus proving high scalability for this type of Application.

And to AJAX developers, it relieves their pains to enable AJAX in their applications.

GWT was initially talking to backends (Servlet-based objects) via RPC on HTTP protocol. But now it supports POJO based objects. Which means supports Spring-based objects!

This is the new feature offered by GWT 1.4 with GWT-SL 0.1.4. libraries.

I am now trying to test this new feature, GWT Spring Integration, using GWTHandler.

Will keep you guys posted once I am done with it.

No comments: